Ready to take your education to the next level? When you join our graduate IT program here at Monash, you’ll be joining our stand-alone IT faculty, which means you’ll have access to an enormous range of graduate study options and opportunities to specialise.
Tailor your graduate course with Monash IT to match your area of interest, whether it’s data science, business intelligence, enterprise systems, mobile and distributed systems, networks and cybersecurity, multimedia, social informatics, librarianship, archives, or recordkeeping.
Our IT postgraduate courses are:
- Graduate Certificate of Data Science
- Graduate Diploma of Data Science
- Master of Data Science
- Graduate Certificate of Business Information Systems
- Master of Business Information Systems
- Graduate Certificate of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity
- Master of Cybersecurity
- Graduate Certificate of Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Artificial Intelligence
- Graduate Certificate of Computer Science
- Graduate Diploma of Computer Science
- Master of Computer Science
If your interests extend beyond IT, you can study units from other faculties, too (for example in off-campus learning mode). The choice is yours.
Already thinking ahead to a PhD or a research career and you don’t currently meet the entry requirements? We can help you with that, too. Our graduate coursework programs provide the opportunity for you to complete a minor research thesis as a pathway to our MPhil or PhD.
Industry experience that gives you the edge
Just as our undergraduate degrees place an emphasis on ‘learning by doing’, so do our graduate programs. We run two industry-based learning programs for graduate students – designed to give you a competitive edge in a highly competitive employment market.
Run in your final semester, the IE Program gives you an opportunity to work in self-managed groups with other IT graduate students. It’s a practical, hands-on unit where you get to define an important problem area – and then deliver a solution that’s meaningful and useful to business clients or community groups.
MITI gives you the opportunity to solve real problems in the business world. Selected students work together over the summer break, forming a multi-disciplinary team to work on a specific project set by one of our industry partners.