Final assessment performance and feedback
Reflecting on your final assessment or scheduled final assessment performance can make a big difference to how you approach future assessment. The process of self‐assessment can enable you to evaluate your work and to identify areas where you need to improve. Feedback on your scheduled final assessment is provided in stages:
- Stage 1
Unit Summary Feedback – general final assessment assessment feedback, available on your Moodle site once results are release.
- Stage 2
Scheduled final assessment feedback – you may apply to view your scheduled final assessment
- Stage 3
If - after completing the first two stages (viewed the unit summary feedback and viewed your final assessment feedback) - you still require more information about your performance you may submit a written request for further feedback from your Chief Examiner. The written request must outline:
- what feedback has been received thus far and why it is considered inadequate to support your learning
- the steps you have taken to obtain additional feedback; and/or
- any exceptional circumstances that have prevented you from accessing all available feedback.
It is important to note that where your request is assessed as non-specific or lacking in substance, the Chief Examiner (or nominee) may refer you back to the Unit Summary Feedback - provided on Moodle following the release of results.
Stage 2 - Scheduled final assessment feedback (Australian Campuses only)
You can apply to view your scheduled final assessment responses and marking guide for the purpose of your own personal learning. Please note:
- Once an application has been lodged, a staff member will contact you to schedule a viewing time within the sighting of paper period. A viewing session (maximum of 10 minutes) may take place in person (in accordance with COVID-19 safe rules) or over a Zoom meeting, and may be individual or group based.
- Under some circumstances and for security reasons, staff may choose to provide verbal feedback only.
- All fail grade scheduled final assessments have already been verified in accordance with University and faculty procedures.
- A request for viewing is independent from a request for re-marking. If after receiving feedback on your scheduled final assessment responses you believe a marking error has been made, the faculty’s re-marking procedure must be followed.
- Scheduled final assessment scripts are normally destroyed six months after the release of results for the unit.
How to apply and application deadlines
|Semester|| Applications open|
9 am AEST
| Applications close|
5 pm AEST
|Sighting of paper|
|Sem 1 2021||12 July 2021||23 July 2021||First 2 weeks of Sem 2 2021|
NOTE: If you are requesting a feedback session for more than one unit, you will need to make multiple submissions of this form.
Any queries please contact us via Monash Connect.
Looking for more feedback?
After completing Stages 1 and 2 - outlined above - you can request further individual feedback by emailing your Chief Examiner. The Chief Examiner is listed in the handbook entry for the unit.
Your request must include an explanation of the reason you are seeking further feedback - such as a chance to understand how you could have expanded a response.