Summer Research Program Scholarships
The Faculty of Engineering Summer Research Program is a great opportunity for coursework students to gain hands-on experience working in engineering research. For 11 weeks over the summer break, participants are paid a scholarship to work on a research project under the supervision of a Monash University academic.
The Summer Research Program aims to provide participants with:
- Experience working in depth on an area of research
- Research and academic skills that can be applied to a future career or studies
- An insight into what a career in engineering research might look like
I wanted to see if a career in research could be for me. I got to learn a new coding language and work with an excited and talented research team."Natalie Kho
Civil Engineering student
Faculty of Engineering Program
Over the 11 weeks of the program, participants work with an academic on a research project. Alongside this, students will also attend a series of sessions teaching research skills and be given information about the engineering research community.
Throughout the program, participant have the opportunity to present their research to their peers and academics, including oral presentations and a poster conference.
Participants will receive a scholarship of $500 per week. Students located interstate will be offered a travel allowance to cover return travel to Melbourne.
The Faculty’s Summer Research Program is a proven pathway into our graduate research degrees with many of our participants later enrolling in a graduate research degree at Monash University.
The 2020-2021 program will commence on Monday 30 November 2020 and conclude on Friday 26 February 2021.
SRP students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be enrolled at an Australian or New Zealand higher education provider
- Have completed at least 2 years/96cp (or equivalent) of an undergraduate degree or be enrolled in a graduate coursework degree and will be enrolled in the same degree in semester 1, 2021
- Have a current weighted average mark of 80% or higher (or equivalent)
- Be available for the full 11 weeks of the program
Monash University Clayton engineering students may use their participation in the Summer Research Program as a contribution towards their Continual Professional Development (CPD).
Information about the 2021-2022 program will be available in July 2021.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.