Summer research program scholarships
The Faculty of Engineering Summer Research Program is a great opportunity for undergraduate students to gain hands-on experience working in engineering research. For 12 weeks over the summer break, participants are paid a scholarship to work on a research project under the supervision of a Monash University academic.
The Summer Research Program aims to provide participants with:
- Experience working in depth on an area of research
- Research and academic skills that can be applied to a future career or studies
- An insight into what a career in engineering research might look like
Faculty of Engineering Program
Over the 12 weeks of the program, participants work with an academic on a research project. Alongside this, students will also attend a series of sessions teaching research skills and be given information about the engineering research community.
Throughout the program, participant have the opportunity to present their research to their peers and academics, including oral presentations and a poster conference.
Participants will receive a scholarship of $400 per week. Students from outside the Melbourne metropolitan area will be given supplementary funding to cover return travel to Melbourne and additional living costs.
The Faculty’s Summer Research Program is a proven pathway into our graduate research degrees with over 40% of participants enrolling in a graduate research degree at Monash University.
To be eligible for the Engineering Summer Research Program applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be in or entering the final year of a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree
- Be enrolled at an Australian higher education provider
- Have a current weighted average mark of 80% or higher (or equivalent)
- Be available for the full 12 weeks of the program
- Meet any project specific requirements outlined by the supervisor
Additional eligibility requirements can be viewed here.
Summer Research Program 2018 - 2019
Applications for the Summer Research Program for 2018 - 2019 have closed.
This year the program will take place between 19 Nov 2018 - 22 Feb 2019. More details about the program can be seen here.
Information on applying for the 2019 - 2020 program will be available in July 2019.