Registration is now closed
Are you currently in year 10 or 11? Interested in where an IT degree can lead you? Prepare yourself for an IT boot camp that will enable you to be in the driver's seat for interactive workshops. This is an ideal school holiday activity. No experience required!
During the day, you’ll take part in a range of workshops held by our leading IT academics and friendly student clubs. They’ll focus on getting you to build with code, whether it’s a website, 3D model or something else.
In a supportive environment, Take CTRL is also a fantastic opportunity to:
- learn more about life at Monash
- discover what opportunities and amenities are available to you
- befriend current students and hear about their experiences in university
- get information on our IT courses and the careers they can lead to
- meet like-minded students from schools across the country and take control in group challenges.
An introduction to VR, Unity and immersive analytics
This workshop focuses on demonstrating how emerging VR technologies can be applied to real-world data analysis problems. You’ll have the chance to see the latest interactive research projects from the Data Visualisation and Immersive Analytics Lab and learn some hands-on skills with Unity 3D.
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) workshop on pandemic planning
This workshop aims to show you some of the key skills students acquire when completing units that fall within our Department of DSAI. The goal of the workshop is to show how different aspects of AI can improve human decision-making, such as during pandemic planning.
The workshop will be run in three parts:
- Simulation of a pandemic outbreak: discuss how basic mathematical models can be used to simulate the spread of a pandemic outbreak.
- Visualisation of a pandemic outbreak: show how the simulation data can be visualised to inform decision-making.
- Planning for a pandemic outbreak: demonstrate how optimisation can be used to improve decision-making
Introduction to website development
In this workshop, you won’t only be introduced to HTML and CSS – but you’ll also get to use Codepen to individually design/modify websites.
Title: Coding basic 3D animations
In this workshop we'll introduce using scripts for basic 3D animations
|9.30am - 9.45am||Registration and Introduction: Claudine Ngoh|
|9.45am - 10.00am||Keynote - Associate Professor Aldeida Aleti|
|10.00am - 11.00am||Workshop session 1|
|11.00am - 12.00pm||Workshop session 2|
|12.00pm - 12.45pm||Lunch|
|12.45pm - 1.00pm||Introduction to afternoon sessions|
|1.00pm - 2.00pm||Workshop session 3|
|2.00pm - 3.00pm||Workshop session 4|
|3.00pm - 3.30pm||Wrap up and student panel|