A/Professor Ruiping Zou
Associate Professor (Research)
Department of Chemical Engineering
Ruiping received B.Eng. (1986) from Northeastern University China, M.Eng. (1990) from University of Wollongong Australia and PhD (1998) from UNSW Australia. Dr Zou was an ARC Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (1998-2000), Research Fellow/Adjunct Lecturer (2001-2008) and Senior Research Fellow/Senior Lecturer (2008-2016) with UNSW Australia, Associate Professor (Research) (2016- ) with Monash University. She has been the Manager for Lab. for Simulation and Modelling of Particulate Systems(SIMPAS), which is currently composed of 56 Researchers, since 2002.
Dr Zou has authored >130 Journal papers, book chapters and conference papers including 80 referred Journal papers; attracted >2M research grants through various university and ARC competitive schemes including 7; graduated 9 PhD and 9 MEng (as co-supervisor or supervisor) and been referee for ARC grant applications and various learned journals including Powder Technology, Chemical Engineering Science, and Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. Her research mainly focuses on Particle and Multiphase.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia
M.Eng, University of Wollongong (UOW), Australia
B.Eng, Northeastern University (NEU), China
- Particle simulation, Multiphase flow
- Being the Manager of Simpas (Lab for Simulation and Modelling of Particulate Systems), currently consisting of 56 researchers, since 2002.
- Being the referee for ARC DP and LP grant applications since 2002.
- Being the referee for various learned journals including Powder Technology, Chemical Engineering Science and Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research; also reviewing papers for international conferences such as Chemeca and Powders and Grain.
- Being the conference coordinator of 1) The 3rd Australia-China-Japan Joint Symposium on Iron and Steel making, Aug. 2010, Sydney, Australia; 2) Powders and Grains International Conference, July 2013, Sydney, Australia; 3) the 2nd Australia-China Joint Symposium on Minerals and Metallurgy, July 2014, Sydney, Australia, 4)The Australia-China Joint Workshop on Multi-phase Flow, Dec 10-13 2015, Suzhou, China; 5) The 6th Australia-China-Japan iron making conference, Nov 2016.
- Being the coordinator of Australia-China Joint Research Centre for Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials (3-M Centre) (2013-2015).
- Being the Node Director (Melbourne) for ARC Research Hub for Computational Particle Technology.
Ruiping’s research interest includes the following areas,
- Powder/particle technology: particle characterisation and data interpretation.
- Particle packing characteristics and porosity prediction.
- Particle-structure-property relations.
- Processing and handling of bulk/particulate materials.
- Simulation of particulate systems.
- Applications in mineral/metallurgy/material industries.
Designing Thermomechanical processing of Ti alloys for enhanced manufacturability and mechanical properties
Simulation of flow and heat transfer in iron ore reduction kiln with DEM-CFD coupling
Last modified: 27/10/2017