Patent, Book Chapters and Presentations
Advanced power generation process for use with high moisture lignites, with Malcolm McIntosh, – Australian patent no 740099 (86175/98), US patent no. 6148599 (09/114432)
- Three chapters: Carbonization of Sawdust Briquettes, Batch Carbonization of Selected Agro-forestry Residues, Characterization of Selected Agro-forestry Residues, in BioCoal : Technology and Economics, S. C. Bhattacharya and R. M. Shrestha (eds.), Regional Energy Resources Information Centre, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, 1990. ISBN 974-8201-414
- An Overview of Advanced Power Generation Technologies Using Brown Coal, in Advances in the Science of Victorian Brown Coal (edited by C Z Li), Elsevier, October 2004, ISBN 0-08-044269-2
- Fermentable Sugars from Ligno-cellulosic Biomass: Technical Challenges, in (Biofuel Technologies – Recent Technologies (edited Vijay Gupta and Maria Tuohy), Springer, February 2013, ISBN 978-3-642-34518-0
- Chapter 10: DICE, Direct Carbon Fuel Cells, and other advanced methods for power and chemicals production from low rank coals, in Low-rank coals for power generation and fuel production, to be published by Elsevier
Books Edited and authored
- Fossil Fuel Fired Power Generation – Case Studies of Recently Constructed Plants, International Energy Agency, ISBN 978-9264-03908-7, 2008
- Power Generation from Coal: Ongoing Developments and Outlook, International Energy Agency, 2011
See Sankar Bhattacharya’s Journal contributions through published book chapters, articles, journal papers and in the media.
Project Sponsors and Partners
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, JPower, Australian Research Council, State Government of Victoria, Department of Resource, Energy and Tourism-Canberra, AusAID, Loy Yang Power, International Power, Energy Australia, Ozmotech Pty Ltd, CSIRO, HRL Ltd, Kyushu Electric, ANLEC R&D, Brown Coal Innovation Australia, Australia China Strategic Research Fund, Go8-DAAD, CSIRO, ATSE, Alstom. Korea Institute of Energy Research.