Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
International students on a student visa must have health cover for the length of their visa while studying in Australia. The Monash-preferred OSHC provider is Allianz Care and the benefits of this policy are:
- on-campus Allianz support staff
- holiday credits added to your cover
- waived waiting periods for pre-existing mental health or pregnancy-related claims
- the Sonder safety app with access to a 24/7 safety and support service.
If you choose for Monash to arrange your OSHC for you, we’ll arrange your OSHC policy with Allianz Care and will provide your personal details to them so they can schedule your policy. View the Allianz Essentials policy and members guide (pdf 158kb).
We strongly encourage international students who are not on a student visa to purchase personal health cover for their time in Australia. Further details about health cover options are available from Allianz Care for overseas visitors.
The Department of Health also has information about health cover for students and visitors.
As a Monash student, you also have access to all the University health services.
- 2020 OSHC price list
- 2021 OSHC price list
- New students - calculate 2020 prices
- Continuing students - calculate 2020 prices
- Times to meet an OSHC adviser on campus
- Allianz Essentials policy and members guide (pdf 158kb)
- Overseas Student Health Cover Policy - Section 6 (pdf, 0.12mb)
Extras cover for ancillary services (optional)
The standard OSHC policy doesn’t cover you for ancillary type medical services. To upgrade your cover, you can buy OSHC Extras cover for some common health services like dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractic and osteopathic.
For detailed information about OSHC Extras or to join:
- visit the product information page
- or call 1800 808 700.
Once you've purchased your Allianz OSHC policy
- Go to the MyHealth portal.
- Enter the three fields below:
- policy number (on your Confirmation of Insurance - COI)
- date of birth
- first three characters of your family name.
- Click Begin setup.
Youll receive your COI through email.
If you haven’t received your COI or can’t find it, contact an Allianz adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the My OSHC Assistant app from your app store
- Review the terms and conditions and tap accept
- At the bottom of the screen tap Create your account
- Enter your policy number, surname and date of birth for your OSHC account
- Create a unique five digit pin code for your device
- Access your OSHC member services
- Access an e-membership card (or contact Allianz to order a plastic version)
- Download the Sonder safety app from your app store
- Tap the log in button
- Tap reset password and enter your Monash email address
- You will receive a password reset email
- Open the email on your phone and select the link to complete the process
Sonder safety app
If you’re a current user of the Sonder app and support services without Allianz Essentials cover, please be aware that the service agreement between Sonder and Monash University will end on 31 December. We recommend you seek alternative support arrangements in the lead up to 31 December, after which, you won’t be able to access Sonder’s services.