Counselling Help Online
Students in Australia
If you're in Australia, you can contact a University counsellor using our Counselling Help Online form.
A counsellor will get back to you within three business working days. During times when our service is in high demand, a counsellor will call to arrange a telehealth appointment so you can get help as quickly as possible.
Counselling Help Online is useful if you're:
- not in a crisis, but you’re looking for help with a specific issue
- feeling a bit nervous about speaking with a counsellor (either in person or using telehealth).
This service is only available if you're:
- currently residing within Australia
- currently enrolled at an Australian Monash University campus
- not a Monash College student.
Students outside Australia
If you're not located in Australia, you can access phone counselling 24/7 through the numbers below:
- Malaysia: 1800 818 356 (toll free)
- Italy: 800 791 847 (toll free)
- Elsewhere outside Australia: +61 2 8295 2917
To book in to see a counsellor, see our counselling appointment page.
For immediate help
If you’re in a crisis, or you need immediate help, use the following services:
Mental health concerns: emergency and after-hours mental health services
Medical help: after-hours medical services
We don’t provide appointments for the sole purpose of obtaining a letter to support special consideration applications.