International students under 18

If you're under 18 when you start your course at Monash University, you need to have your caregiver and accommodation arrangements approved before applying for your student visa. If you later make changes to these arrangements, make sure to get them approved to comply with your visa conditions.

You need to show that you will be living either:

  1. with a parent, custodian or eligible relative, or
  2. in a Monash-approved caregiver and accommodation arrangement.

How to get approval

When you receive your offer from Monash University, you need to nominate your caregiver and accommodation arrangements using the Under 18 care arrangements form (pdf, 0.2 mb). Return this form with your International Student Course Agreement.

Once approved, Monash will provide you with an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) and any other documents required to apply for a visa.

For full details, see:

Visa conditions

Once you have a student visa, you must maintain your support, caregiver and accommodation arrangements while in Australia.

If you need to change any of the agreed arrangements (caregiver or accommodation) you need to get approval first. Make an appointment with our International Student Engagement team to discuss your plans – make sure to always do this 'welfare check-in' twice each semester. If you don't have approval, you'll be in breach of your visa conditions.

See how to get approval to change your caregiver and accommodation arrangements.

Monash College students

If you're starting at Monash College before enrolling at the University, see Monash College information for under 18s.

Got a question? Monash Connect can help