Live-streaming is a scheduling option available to students in lecture-style teaching activities, and provides an alternative to face-to-face attendance.
Monash Live-stream connects groups of students in different locations and supports student feedback channels to ensure active learning.
Online students can view scheduled teaching sessions from their own device, wherever they are, whilst being able to participate as if they were in the teaching space.
Benefits of using Live-stream
- Greater student flexibility - watch anywhere, on own device
- Mitigate need for on-campus class repetition
- Online students can participate
- Responding to increasing demand for teaching spaces
- Scheduled teaching activities continue to be recorded
Prior to a Live-stream class, you should add the link to the video you want to live-stream in your Moodle unit to allow students to access it easily.
Similar to lecture capture, the recording within the teaching space will be set up and handled by the Scheduling team.
Staff user guides
These quick guides will help you learn more about live-streaming with Echo360:
- Enabling Flash for Live-stream
- Download sessions
- Use discussion
- Linking from Moodle
- Guide for Moderators