What is Panopto?
Panopto is a video content management platform that fully integrates with Moodle. It allows you to create, upload, store, live-stream, search and share videos through Moodle. It’s Monash’s new fully supported and secure ‘YouTube’ solution. With Panopto you can:
- Insert quizzes
- Provide automatic captioning
- View analytics
- Encourage students to upload video assignments
- Comprehensive video library makes it simple to store and manage all your new and existing videos, including live webcasts.
- Search across the entire library to identify existing resources. This enables you to move from creation to curation saving time and effort.
- Automatic captioning allows you to embed captions based on speech recognition.
- Automatic indexing supports a wide range of video formats and automatically transcodes each for optimal viewing.
- Use interactive video quizzing to create questions to test learner comprehension, reinforce key concepts, improve knowledge retention and make your videos more engaging with
- Screen cast and enagage with students (based on your screen content i.e. powerpoint)
- Easily create and upload video assignments using the same tool
- Edit easily using intuitive video editing tools
- Powerful searching enables you to find content within videos across the entire Monash library
- Watch videos on a range of devices
- Analytics shows you who watched your videos and for how long