You’re already learning valuable employability skills while you're at Monash. The Student Futures online tool helps you understand and keep track of them, so that you can professionally present your experience and expertise to potential employers.
Join over 30,000 past and present Monash students who have benefited from Student Futures.
What is Student Futures?
Unique to Monash, this award-winning online platform helps you identify, record and present the employability skills you acquire during the course of your study. You don’t even need to have previous work experience!
Student Futures helps you prepare for interviews, craft a comprehensive resume, and assist you in refining your overall career readiness. You'll enjoy continued access to the platform for up to twelve months after you complete your studies. A great guide to help you on your career path.
Student Futures has many features that support your preparation for employability.
Explore your career options
- Learn about the nine key employability skills that employers look for.
- Find out from graduates how they gained their employability skills at Monash.
- Conduct a regular skills evaluation to monitor the progress of your employability skills.
Build your employability skills
- Search for opportunities to develop specific employability skills.
- Record and reflect on the skills you are building through your experiences, across your studies, Monash activities and activities outside of Monash.
Apply for jobs
- Use Student Futures to help craft your resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and answers to key selection criteria.
- Practise answering interview questions using over 65 pre-defined scenarios, or create your own scenarios.
- Generate your own Student Futures certificate, which summarises your completed Monash activities to potential employers.