Skip to content

Student identity (ID) cards

Student identity (ID) cards


Staff ID cards


M-Pass is your student ID card, which is also linked to an online account, so you can use it to:

  • add credit to pay for printing, copying and library fines (the library no longer accepts cash)
  • borrow books etc. from the library
  • access secure buildings
  • identify yourself on campus and at exams.

How does it work?

  • Keep and carry both ID cards until all door security readers are updated - see the building update schedule
  • Use your new M-Pass to borrow from the library
  • Add credit to your online account to pay for printing or photocopying
  • Use either card to print or copy, simply swipe your card at the printer (or enter your Monash username and password)

If you haven't received your new M-Pass card by now, contact Monash Connect online or visit one or our Monash Connect on your campus.

Printing, copying and using the library

  • From semester one, you'll need your M-Pass to pay for printing and copying in the library and computer labs.
  • To get started, sign in to your M-Pass online account to view or add credit.
  • Any credit on your current Monash ID, will be transferred to your M-Pass account.
  • Family members or other people can also add credit to your account through the make a sponsor deposit option.

More information and assistance

How to get an ID card

New students

When you enrol, you'll need to have enrolled in units in the Web Enrolment System (WES), and received a transaction number beginning with U before you can get an ID card. These can be ordered online or at Monash Connect (see below).

Order online and provide your own photo

  • Login to the Web Enrolment System
  • In the Student Services section, click Submit your photo for an ID Card
  • Follow the instructions (you'll need to scan and send proof of ID)
  • Choose to have your card posted to you or nominate a campus to pick up your card.

Order at Monash Connect and we'll take your photo

Alternatively, we can take your photo and print your ID card on the spot. Simply bring photo ID and your U transaction number to Monash Connect on your campus after enrolling in units.

Replacement cards

Returning students with an expired card

If your ID card has expired, bring it to Monash Connect for a free replacement or follow the steps above to order online.

Lost, damaged or stolen cards

If you have lost or damaged your card, you can get a new one from Monash Connect for a fee of $41. You'll need to bring photo ID, such as a driver's licence or passport.

If your card is stolen, we'll replace it for free if you provide a police report. Make sure you also report the loss to the University as soon as possible.

Report a lost or stolen card

To report a lost or stolen card, please complete the M-Pass enquiry form or visit Monash Connect to report the loss.

ID cards are valid for the duration of your course (with a maximum of five years). They remain the property of the University and are not transferable.

Suspend your M-Pass

If you're going on study leave (intermission) or studying overseas for a while, you should suspend your M-Pass. Use the M-Pass enquiry form to make a general enquiry and provide the start and end  date of the suspension period.

Get help

Send us a question

We aim to respond to you by email within one business day.

Visit us today

Visit us at Monash Connect on your campus

Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm

Call us

We're available Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

+61 3 9902 6011