Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is an official form that:
- shows you've enrolled in a registered course and paid your enrolment fees
- lists the start and end dates of your course
- displays your official course registration code.
You need a CoE to apply for an Australian student visa (unless you're an Australia Awards student):
- if you're a new coursework student, you'll be given a CoE once you accept your offer
- if you're a current Monash student transferring to a new course, or your current student visa is about to expire, you may need to apply for a new CoE.
Semester two 2020 online study
We understand you might be concerned about your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) during this period. But there’s no need to worry. Monash won’t make any changes to your CoE if you:
- study online in your home country and intend to return to Australia
- are currently in Australia, but want to return home and study online before returning to Australia to complete your degree, or
- are currently in Australia and your course has been moved to online study.
If you go home, and don’t intend to return, your CoE will be cancelled. If you then decide to return to Australia (and your student visa has already been cancelled), you'll need a new CoE before you can apply for a new visa.
How to apply for a new CoE
If you’re transferring to a different course at Monash, we’ll send you a new CoE. But you’ll need to apply for a new CoE if:
- you can’t complete your course in the set time, and
- you need a new student visa.
If your visa is about to expire, you should apply for a new CoE at least two months before your visa expiry date.
You can apply for a new CoE using the Web Enrolment System (WES).
If you hold an Australia Awards Scholarship, you don’t need a CoE. To apply for a new student visa, you just need an approval letter from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is approved, we’ll send your new CoE to your Monash email address within five to ten working days after you apply.