You may be able to get a refund if you:

  • overpay your course fees
  • have a credit for an approved discount on course fees
  • change your enrolment (e.g. drop units, discontinue, finish your thesis) before the census date
  • are an international research student withdrawing from your research program within four weeks of starting.

You are not eligible for a refund:

  • for application, service or administrative fees
  • before deducting other money you may owe (e.g. library, student loans, Halls of Residence)
  • if your enrolment is invalidated for non-payment of fees.

Payments made for other study costs are normally non-refundable, but some faculties may consider refunds in exceptional circumstances. Contact your faculty for further advice.

Apply online (Australian campuses)

Apply for a refund

Notification of outcome

The processing time for refunds depends on the refund method. The following are approximate times:

  • Credit cards and EFT (electronic funds transfer): two to three weeks.
  • TT (telegraphic transfer): four to five weeks.

You'll receive an email notification once your refund has been completed.

Providing incomplete documentation will delay the processing of your refund.

After the census date (special circumstances)

In special cases (e.g. sickness, trauma) which have occurred after the census date, you may be eligible for a reversal of your course fees (including loan debt) through the remission of debt process. You'll need to apply online and provide supporting documentation.

Students in the US Financial Aid Program

Special conditions and arrangements apply. Contact the US Financial Aid Administrator at Student Finance.

Relevant links

Got a question? Monash Connect can help