Monash Artists Give Respect
We can’t create a respectful community alone – we need your help. You can do this by getting involved in our Give Respect X Respectful Communities Art Prize. Give Respect is a student and staff collaboration that aims to promote respectful behaviour at Monash.
How to enter
You’ll need to submit an original piece of art (previous works are allowed) that relates to one of the themes below. It could be visual art, photography or poetry.
The theme is “It’s time to give respect to ...”
- a faith
- indigenous culture
- gender diversity
- our pronouns
- cultural differences
- my body
- your choice
- personal space
- your body
Submissions closed on 31 August 2020. Check back here to see our winning submissions in late October 2020.
- 3 x $1000 Coles Group & Myer gift cards for students
- 4 x $500 Coles Group & Myer gift cards for students
- 1 x huge hamper of delicious goodies for staff
Terms and conditions of entry
- Current Monash students and staff members can submit an original work of art on the theme of respectful relationships at Monash. Current means you’re enrolled as a student or engaged as an employee during 2020.
- Entries can be visual art, photography, or poetry – anything that can convince somebody that they need to think more deeply about behaving respectfully. You’ll need to submit your work (or a photo of it) in a high resolution format (e.g. 4000 x 4000 pixels).
- All entries must be submitted to Respectful Communities by 31 August 2020 using our online form. You’ll need to provide:
- your chosen theme
- your name and professional contact details
- your degree/course or position at Monash
- a statement about your entry, and the story behind it
- how your art relates to your chosen theme.
- We’re researching how to make relationships at a university, such as Monash, more respectful. We’d like to use the text you submit with your art (with your details removed) to better understand how Monash community members feel about respectful relationships. But if you don’t want to participate in our research, you can opt out – just let us know when submitting your artwork.
- Selected artworks will be featured on a postcard or poster to be displayed around Monash University. The postcards and posters will display the artists details to help each artist get their name and work recognised.
- The judging panel will consist of Monash students and staff, with the winning entries announced by the end of October 2020.