Respect at Monash online module
Respect at Monash is a compulsory online learning module. It helps our students understand what it means to be a respectful member of the Monash community and promotes an inclusive and diverse culture on campus.
If you’re a new student, you’ll need to complete the module by:
- 30 April, if you start in semester one
- 30 September, if you start in semester two.
About the module
The Respect at Monash module is part of our commitment to Universities Australia’s Respect. Now. Always. campaign.
In this module, you’ll learn about:
- your rights and responsibilities
- how to identify problem behaviour and misconduct
- maintaining respectful relationships
- how to be an active bystander
- safe alcohol consumption.
This module is not graded, so even after completion, the grade will always be 0%. Once the module is completed, your progress will show as 100% on the Compulsory Unit Portal (CUP) dashboard. If you signed into CUP with your Monash student account, your progress will also be recorded in the Web Enrolment System (WES).
What you need to do
- Make sure you submit the agreement in the Web Enrolment System (WES) which states that you’ll complete the module by the agreed date.
- Complete the Respect at Monash module – just make sure you do this before the deadline.
- Retain your proof of completion record.
What happens if you don’t complete the module
If you’re a new student, you need to complete Respect at Monash before the deadline to avoid being encumbered. An encumbrance limits your access to essential University systems and services, including exam results, the library, re-enrolment, assignment submission, and graduation.
Use this information if you’re having trouble accessing or completing the module.
Can’t access the module
If you're having trouble accessing the module:
- make sure you’re using a laptop or desktop computer (you won’t be able to access the module on a phone or tablet)
- try using the Google Chrome browser.
If the module freezes, and you're unable to select an option or move on to the next page, email email@example.com with the subject line “Respect at Monash, reset attempt on Compulsory Units Portal” and include your student ID number.
In the body of the email, provide a brief description of the issue and include a screenshot (if relevant).
Still having trouble?
- your full name (as it appears on your Monash ID card)
- your Monash student ID number
- details of the issue.