Many students choose to study a double degree, providing them with greater career options. Double degree students:
- study two single degrees at the same time
- complete both in less time than if doing them separately (usually one to two years less)
- benefit from cross-crediting elective units (electives in one course may count for the other)
- must meet the requirements for both single degrees as outlined in the Handbook.
Managing faculty and course award faculty
Each degree is an award of one of the faculties. For example, a BA is an award of the Faculty of Arts. This is called the course award faculty.
Each double degree has:
- one course code
- one course award faculty appointed as the managing faculty.
Managing faculties are responsible for most administrative matters.
Find the managing faculty for your double degree
To find the managing faculty:
- visit courses by degree type: double degree
- click the course code for your chosen double degree: you'll find the managing faculty listed on the right-hand side of the page.
Who to contact
Use the following table to find out:
- who to see for various administrative and course-specific matters
- where to submit applications.
|Query||Faculty to contact||Details|
|Course information/outlines||Managing||The managing faculty publishes course information in the University Handbook|
|General course advice||Managing||Ask the managing faculty first. They may refer you to the course award faculty for more specific academic advice|
|Specific course advice||Course award||
|Credit/Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)||Managing||Submit your application to the managing faculty|
|Course completion||Course award||To confirm whether you're meeting all of the requirements for one course|
|Complementary study||Course award||See the course award faculty where the units will be credited|
|Graduation||The Graduations Unit manages all degree ceremonies. Applications are made online. See graduation information for double degree students|
|Invalid units||Course award||See the faculty that teaches the unit|
|Re-enrolment||Managing||You must re-enrol in all units for your double degree by the closing date for the managing faculty|
|Refunds and debt remission||Managing|
|In-semester special consideration||Unit teaching||Submit one copy of the application with supporting documentation. For more information, see special consideration|
|End-of-semester special consideration||Managing||Submit one copy of the application with supporting documentation|
|Study abroad and exchange||Managing/course award||You'll need to see both faculties|
|Unit results||Unit teaching||For unit results|
|Unit results||Course award||For supplementary and deferred exam results|