Emergency Grant – up to $500
If you're in financial hardship and need immediate support you may be eligible for the Emergency Grant payment of up to $500.
Reasons you might apply for this grant
This grant is for students whose financial situation is affecting their ability to continue their studies and are in need of urgent and immediate aid. The money is to help you to meet essential needs such as accommodation, food or technology, so you can continue your studies.
Check the full eligibility criteria below.
You can apply for only one grant per year, however, you may be eligible for further funds in extraordinary circumstances.
To be eligible for the emergency grant, you must:
- be enrolled at a Monash University campus in Australia in:
- an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree – enrolled in at least six credit points or one unit, or
- a research degree
- be experiencing hardship and at risk of discontinuing your course
- be able to demonstrate intention to complete your course
- be able to demonstrate genuine exceptional financial hardship
- not be deferring or taking intermission from your current enrolment.
How to apply
If you need financial assistance urgently, fill in the online form to apply for the grant.
COVID-19 Disaster Payment
If you’re an Australian resident or hold an Australian working visa and you're unable to earn income due to the current lockdown restrictions, you may be eligible for the COVID-19 Disaster Payment if all of the following apply:
- you can’t attend work and lost income on or after day eight of a COVID-19 lockdown
- you don’t have access to appropriate paid leave entitlements through your employer
- you’re not getting an income support payment, a state or territory pandemic payment, Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment or state small business payment for the same period.
International Student Emergency Relief Fund
If you're an international student in Victoria experiencing financial hardship, you may be eligible for emergency financial support through the Victorian Government's Extreme Hardship Support Program. You need to:
- be experiencing significant hardship as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- have little or no income, savings or community support.
Find out more about Victorian Government support for international students.