Update your application
For changes affecting semester two 2020, see COVID-19 updates - Graduations.
You can check the status of your application and make changes using the view/update graduation application link in the Web Enrolment System (WES).
Deadline to make changes
You can update your contact details in WES at any time. We need your current postal and email address to:
- email confirmation of transactions and ceremony details
- post your official documents.
Changes up to 30 days before your ceremony
After applying to graduate, you can use WES to update your application up to 30 days before your ceremony. During this time, you can:
- change from attending to not attending (in absentia)
- defer your graduation to a future ceremony
- change any special requirements (eg wheelchair access)
- update your alternative email address for graduation messages (we recommend an ongoing personal email address)
- update your gown requirements
- update how your name will appear on your certificate.
If, after applications for the ceremony have closed, you wish to change from not attending (in absentia) to attending, you'll need to submit an online request. We'll look at whether there's a place available to accommodate you, and let you know how to pay the late application fee and attendance fee.
Changes less than 30 days before your ceremony
To make changes less than 30 days before your ceremony, you need to submit an online request. During this time you can request the following changes:
- a change from attending to not attending (in absentia)
- updates to any special requirements (e.g. wheelchair access).
For changes from not attending (in absentia) to attending, you can still submit an online request. We'll look at whether there's a place available to accommodate you, and let you know how to pay the late application fee and attendance fee.
If you decide to change your application from attending to not attending (in absentia), you need to do this by the refund deadline to receive a refund. You apply for a refund in WES.
|2020 Ceremony||Last day to make certain changes|
|April (Malaysia)||6 Mar|
|May (Australia)||17 Apr|
|June (China)||5 Jun|
|July (Australia Award)||1 Jul|
|September/October (Australia)||15 Aug|
|November (Malaysia)||15 Sep|