Mental Health First Aid training
The Blended Online Mental Health First Aid training (self-paced eLearning and instructor-led webcast) is replacing the Mental Health First Aid training (two-day classroom-based training) during the COVID-19 restrictions.
The Blended Online course has two components, comprising:
- an eLearning component that takes about 5-7 hours and is self-paced
- a webcast component that is run over two days and is 5-7 hours in duration.
The training is designed to equip you with resources to help someone developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis until professional help is available.
This workshop helps participants learn how to:
- help people in the early stages of mental health problems
- recognise the signs and symptoms of these problems
- know where and how to get help
- understand what types of help are effective.
This course is not a therapy or support group – the sessions focus on education and skill development. Due to the nature of the content that is covered, it is important that you are feeling relatively robust when you attend.
Who can attend?
Mental Health First Aid Australia requires all participants to physically be in Australia to enrol in this course.
All Monash staff and students are encouraged to attend.
See the health and wellbeing booking system for upcoming training sessions.
Register for training through myDevelopment.
Group registrations (for staff groups only)
We're happy to deliver group training if you have a minimum of 10 participants (maximum of 12 people). Register group bookings through the online request form.