Leap into Leadership Online
Leap into Leadership Online (LiLO) is a series of 13 free, practical and fun modules that develop your employability and leadership skills. You can complete as many modules as you like during any stage of your studies.
Each module takes about one to two hours to complete. There are no formal assessments to hand in.
Have you ever:
- found it challenging to talk about your strengths and experience in an interview?
- wished you knew a better way to set and achieve your goals?
- wanted to enhance your intercultural competence?
These are just some of the skills you can boost with this program.
Make a start now and join the thousands of Monash students who have already taken their leap into leadership.
Standing out starts here!
All current students at Monash can access LiLO.
- Choose a topic and get started. Whether it's a subject you know nothing about and want to improve, or a skill set an employer has identified in a job ad, there's plenty of choices – and they're all free.
- Work your way through it, at your own pace. Watch videos and complete quizzes in Moodle to progress to the next section. Make sure you read the Welcome and Module instructions before you start.
- Submit your answers to complete the module.Once you've submitted your answers, your responses will be reviewed. If you've completed all questions to a satisfactory standard, you'll receive an email confirming that you have completed the module.
- Apply your new skills to your studies, work, volunteering and extracurricular activities. Log into Student Futures to record and reflect on what you've learnt. Many modules offer downloadable resources to use in the real world, and you can use these to help explain your skills to future employers.
Contact for enquiries
If you need more information, email us at email@example.com.
"Being able to work through the unit in a self-directed way meant there was enough time to process the information, and engage well with the content."
– Elizabeth, Bachelor of Arts/Visual Arts, first year
"LiLO is a great way to grow my skill base, and adopt the mindset that employers are looking for in graduate students. I could complete the modules at my own convenience, and reflect on the concepts I had learnt with the end-of-module activities."
– Shoaib, Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), final year
"LiLO modules have given me faith in my ability to empower myself with confidence."
– Kanisha, Bachelor of Nutrition Science, penultimate year
"LiLO is an excellent program for those who desire self-improvement, and aspire to be confident leaders."
– Sean, Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), first year
"The examples were completely relatable and were about experiences that could happen to anyone and everyone. These examples gave me a reality check and a chance to reflect."
– Sairam, Master of Banking and Finance, final year
- As of February 2020, students have completed over 20,000 modules.
- Over 85% of students would recommend the modules to others.
- LiLO is used throughout the University, including by MSA clubs and societies, TeamMONASH and Monash Residential Services.
Thousands of students have already completed the modules and given us great feedback – so leap into leadership now and choose a topic to get started.
As well as developing your leadership and employability, the LiLO Champions Program offers a certificate of achievement, benefits and prizes as you progress through the Three Star, Seven Star and Twelve Star achievement levels.
|Achievement||Requirements and prizes|
|Requirements: Complete three modules|
Prizes: At the end of each semester, you're automatically in the draw to win a $100 Coles/Myer voucher.
|Requirements: Complete seven modules|
Prizes: At the end of each semester, you're automatically in the draw to win a $250 Coles/Myer voucher.
|Requirements: Complete twelve modules|
Prizes: At the end of semester two, you're automatically in the draw to win a $500 Coles/Myer voucher.
What are you waiting for? Enrol in a LiLO module now.
Foundations of Leadership
This new module is a must for any students wanting to develop their leadership and employability skills.
In this module, you'll:
- explore definitions of leadership and the importance of its development
- find out how leadership increases confidence and employability
- learn strategies for improvement
- create a personal leadership development plan.
Foundations of Leadership can be accessed at any point of your LiLO progress, and be completed in your own time and at your own pace.