Leap into Leadership Online
Leap into Leadership Online is a series of 12 free, practical and fun modules that develop your employability and leadership skills. You can complete as many modules as you like during any stage of your studies.
Each module takes about one to two hours to complete. There are no formal assessments to hand in, and every module that you finish will earn you a certificate.
Have you ever:
- Found it challenging to talk about your strengths and experience in an interview?
- Wished you knew a better way to set and achieve your goals?
- Wanted to enhance your intercultural competence?
These are just some of the skills you can boost with this program.
Make a start now and join the thousands of Monash students who have already taken their leap into leadership.
Standing out starts here!
Proudly presented by Career Connect.
All current students at Monash can access Leap into Leadership Online.
- Choose a topic and get started. Whether it's a subject you know nothing about and want to improve, or skill set an employer has identified in a job ad, there's plenty of choices – and they're all free.
- Work your way through it, at your own pace. Watch videos and complete quizzes in Moodle to progress to the next section. Make sure you read the Welcome and Module instructions before you start.
- Complete the module to receive your certificate. Once you've submitted your answers and finished the module's survey, your responses will be sent to us for review. If you've completed all questions to a satisfactory standard, you'll be emailed a personalised certificate confirming what you've learned.
- Apply your new skills to your studies, work, volunteering and extracurricular activities. Login to Student Futures to record and reflect on what you've learnt. Many modules offer downloadable resources to use in the real world, and along with your certificate, use these to help explain your skills to future employers.
Contact for enquiries
If you need more information, email us at email@example.com
"Being able to work through the unit in a self-directed way meant there was enough time to process the information, and engage well with the content."
- Elizabeth, Bachelor of Arts/Visual Arts, first year
"LiLO is a great way to grow my skill base, and adopt the mindset that employers are looking for in graduate students. I could complete the modules at my own convenience, and reflect on the concepts I had learnt with the end-of-module activities."
- Shoaib, Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), final year
"LiLO modules have given me faith in my ability to empower myself with confidence."
- Kanisha, Bachelor of Nutrition Science, penultimate year
"LiLO is an excellent program for those who desire self-improvement, and aspire to be confident leaders."
- Sean, Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), first year
"The examples were completely relatable and were about experiences that could happen to anyone and everyone. These examples gave me a reality check and a chance to reflect."- Sairam, Master of Banking and Finance, final year
- More than 4500 students have already completed a module.
- Over 89% of students completing Leap into Leadership Online modules would recommend it to others.
- Leap into Leadership Online is used throughout the University, including by MSA clubs and societies, TeamMONASH and Monash Residential Services.
Thousands of students have already completed the modules and given us great feedback - so Leap into Leadership now and choose a topic to get started.
As well as developing your leadership and employability, the Leap into Leadership Online Champions Program offers a certificate of achievement, benefits and prizes as you progress through the Three Star, Seven Star and Twelve Star achievement levels.
|Achievement||Requirements, experiences and prizes|
|Requirements: Complete three modules|
Prizes: At the end of each semester, you're automatically in the draw to win a $100 Coles/Myer voucher.
|Requirements: Complete seven modules|
Experiences: Unlocks a place at the 2018 Student Leadership Summit.
Prizes: At the end of each semester, you're automatically in the draw to win a $250 Coles/Myer voucher.
|Requirements: Complete twelve modules|
Experiences: Unlocks a VIP place at the 2018 Student Leadership Summit.
Prizes: At the end of semester two, you're automatically in the draw to win a $500 Coles/Myer voucher.
What are you waiting for? Get started and enrol in a Leap into Leadership Online module now.