Education and Nursing: Pre-2010
From 2010, the government increased the fees for Education and Nursing units from the lowest (Band 0, national priority) rate to a higher (Band 1) rate. The higher fee applies if you commenced from 1 January 2010. If you are a continuing student (pre-2010), you continue to be charged the lower fee.
If you commenced a course in 2010 or later you may be charged the lower fee if you had a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) before 2010. Your previous CSP study does not have to be in Education or Nursing, but the course must not be completed (unless now doing an Honours year).
- If you commenced before 2010 you pay the lower fee (Band 0, National Priority).
- If you commenced in 2010 or later you pay the higher fee (Band 1).
- No end date set by the government (as confirmed through to 31 December 2013).
Maths, Statistics, Science: 2009 - 2012
From 2009 until the end of 2012, the government reduced the fees for units in Maths, Statistics and Science for some students. The reduced fee (Band 0, national priority) applies to most new students commencing study on or after 1 January 2009, and applied for units from 2009 until the end of 2012.
The reduced fee also applies to continuing students who commenced before 2009 in a non-Natural and Physical Sciences course, did not complete that course and, on or after 1 January 2009, transferred to a Natural and Physical Sciences (NPS) course.
The higher fee (Band 2) applies if you studied in a Natural and Physical Sciences (NPS) course before 2009.
- If you commenced before 2009 you pay the higher (Band 2) fee.
- Most students who commenced in 2009 or later pay the lower (Band 0, National Priority) fee.
- End date for this arrangement is 31 December 2012. From 1 January 2013, all students pay Band 2.
Accounting, Administration, Commerce, Economics: Pre-2008
If you are a CSP student studying Accounting, Administration, Commerce, or Economics units you may be charged lower fees (Band 2) for the years 2009 to 2012 if you had a CSP before 2008.
Your previous CSP study does not have to be in these areas but the course must not be completed (unless now doing an Honours year).
- If you commenced before 2008 you pay the lower fee (Band 2).
- If you commenced in 2008 or later you pay the higher fee (Band 3).
- End date for this arrangement is 31 December 2012. From 1 January 2013, all students pay Band 3.
Applying for the lower fee
Proof of a previous CSP
At Monash University - complete the relevant form:
At another university - you must prove your previous CSP status. Get a letter from your previous university to provide all of the following information:
- name of your course
- years you studied
- confirmation that this course has not been completed
- confirmation that you were in a CSP.
If you can't get a letter, you can provide other documents that cover all the above points. You are responsible for providing this proof before census date. Monash cannot ask for information on your behalf.
Submitting your application
710 Blackburn Road
Clayton VIC 3168