Family (sibling) discount on course fees
If your brother or sister is studying at Monash, one of you could get a 10 per cent discount on your course fees.
You must both be:
- paying full fees
- taking a degree or diploma course (with at least one of you enrolled in a degree course at Monash University)
- studying in the same teaching period
- enrolled on an Australian campus
You're not eligible if you:
- or your sibling has a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
- apply for other discounts if your family gets this discount
- are an English Language student (even if your sibling is studying a degree)
- Complete the family (sibling) discount application (pdf, 0.08 mb).
(Students enrolled at Malaysia or South Africa: Contact student services on your campus to apply).
- Include proof that you are siblings (original certified copies of your birth certificates or other certified documentation to show a genuine family relationship).
- Submit the application before the census date of the semester.
You will need to apply every semester. We will give you a reference number to quote after your first application.
Notice of outcome
Applications are processed after the census date for each semester. We'll email your Monash account to notify you of the outcome within 14 business days after the census date. While waiting for this, please ensure your fees are paid in full by the due date.
If approved, the sibling with the highest course fee (per 48 credit points) will receive the discount, which can either be allocated to your next semester or paid as a refund. The sibling must apply for the refund.
Withdrawing from your course
If you withdraw from your course you may have to repay the discount.