Understanding Mental Health training
This training will assist you in learning about the mental health continuum, when mental health becomes mental illness, common signs and symptoms of mental health issues, barriers to help seeking, how to support someone you’re concerned about, and the resources that are available at Monash.
Upon completion of this training, you should be able to:
- describe mental health/mental illness
- explain the effect of mental health issues on people and those around them
- recognise common warning signs
- apply support strategies to students, staff, family and friends.
- identify strategies for a suicide crisis situation
- develop self-care strategies
- identify mental health services and resources at Monash
Training (for staff groups only)
If you have a minimum of 16 participants (maximum of 25), request the virtual class by completing the request form.