How to use Allocate+
After enrolling in the Web Enrolment System (WES), you can view your units in Allocate+ and create your personal timetable. To do this, use your Monash account to log into Allocate+.
For Allocate+ opening and closing dates, see Allocate+ dates.
The time period when you:
- select a timeslot for each of your lectures. The earlier you do this, the better chance you’ll have of getting the times you want.
- enter preferred class times for tutorials, labs etc. Preferences aren’t considered first-come, first-served.
For some class activities, there’s only one session, so the system auto-allocates these sessions to your timetable. These are labelled READ ONLY.
Some activities in Allocate+ won’t follow these preference and adjustment steps. Units with special cases will display notes.
For example, some faculties:
- don’t allow preferences and open straight into the adjustment stage (e.g. Graduate Monash Business School and South Africa)
- create a timetable for you (e.g. Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiography and Pharmacy).
The time period when you can:
- check for clashes and make changes if free time slots are available
- enter new choices if a faculty adds new activities based on popular demand.
During this period, the system works on a first-come, first-served basis.
Once the adjustment period ends, the timetable is final and you can view your timetable and room allocations. No further changes can be made.
Activity types in Allocate+
There are now eight different activity types. For descriptions, see activity types.
If a unit doesn’t show any activities and displays No group available, check you’re enrolled in the unit for the next teaching period. If you’re enrolled and the activity timeslots don’t become available by the end of the preference entry period, contact your faculty for assistance.
Allocate+ features and functionality
Allocate+ uses a range of different features and functions to help you create your timetable.
See Allocate+ features and functionality for an explanation of the:
- swap function
- live streaming and delayed viewing allocation options
- new timetable planner