Monash sourced placements
What is a Monash Sourced placement?
- The WIL Arts team sources internship placements for students studying the full range of programs in the Arts Undergraduate degrees and Master's programs
- We work with over 400 partner host organisations, so a wide range of options is available
- Monash Sourced placements may be with a host organisation either in Australia or overseas
- ALL host organisations must meet Monash University OHS guidelines and be approved to be part of the WIL program
- Monash sourced placements are unpaid
Your WIL options
No matter where you are living, there is a WIL option for you!
We encourage students who are overseas, interstate and regionally-based to source their own placements in their locations. This is a great opportunity for you to develop your networks and learn more about employment options in your home city or region. These placements can be undertaken remotely or on-site depending on the restrictions of the region.
If you would like to source your own internship, see our Student sourced page.
The WIL team has an active database of hundreds of host organisations and can match students across the full range of undergraduate and masters programs. We no longer advertise our opportunities, however, we encourage students to use the Proposal Questions to describe the type of internship that they would like to undertake. Please see below for more information on outlining your ideal internship.
Undergraduates: Depending on your eligibility, WIL placements can be undertaken as a free elective or can count towards a major (with faculty approval).
Graduates: Placements offered for masters students will be approved by the relevant Director of Programs and deemed to align with the learning and career outcomes of your masters program.
For more detail on this, go to Start your Journey here.
Ready to apply?
Find out about the application process and how to prepare: