Document verification and legalisation
We can verify the following documents for you at no charge:
- academic records (transcripts)
- student letters (issued by us)
- testamur (award certificates).
Bring the original and photocopy to Monash Connect and we'll verify them as true copies.
Other Monash documents
Take your documents to the faculty or department who issued them for verification.
We can't verify documents we haven't produced.
You can take your documents to someone in the community with the authority to certify or verify them, such as a Justice of the Peace.
During semester, you can bring your documents to a Justice of the Peace at Caulfield campus:
- Monash Connect: First Wednesday of the month (starting in June), 1–3pm
For more information and a list of who can do this, see certifying documents.
If you’re travelling overseas for work or study, a foreign government may ask for your legalised education documents. This means the Australian Government will need to certify that your Monash documents are genuine.
You’ll need to contact the foreign country’s embassy to check what their requirements are. If they need legalised documents, make sure you check whether you need an Authentication Certificate or an Apostille Certificate.
How to get a document legalised
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) can legalise your document for you – just download and complete the DFAT document legalisation request form (pdf 1633 kb).
You’ll need to attach the original copy of your graduation certificate or, if you haven’t graduated yet, a hard copy of your academic record (you can order and pay for your academic record in WES).
If you need an Apostille Certificate, you’ll also need to attach one of the following documents to your request form:
- a hard copy of a Monash Graduate search
- a hard copy of your digital credentials from My eQuals (download in a secure PDF format)
- if you graduated before May 2017, submit the Confirm a students qualification or enrolment form and attach the verification of your results (sent to your Monash email).
Lodge the form with DFAT (lodgement details are included in the form) along with your attachments.
Find out more
For more information, see legalising documents.
Please be aware Monash Connect won’t be:
- able to advise you on this process or forward or lodge any documents with DFAT for you
- liable if the foreign government doesn't accept the documents as genuine.