Re-enrolment for coursework students
We email you in September and October to remind you to re-enrol. You need to enrol for the entire year (unless applying for intermission).
Re-enrolment dates and timeline
|Re-enrolment period||14 Oct – 27 Nov||2019|
|University Timetable published||see dates||2019|
|Late re-enrolment - includes a late fee||28 Nov – 13 Dec||2019|
|Results release||6 Dec||2019|
|Add or discontinue units||see cut-off dates||2019|
|Mid-year re-enrolment: your faculty will contact you if you're returning from intermission in the second part of the year.||May or June||2020|
Prepare to re-enrol
Before re-enrolling, you need to check:
- the Handbook from the year you started your course to check your course requirements. See archived Handbooks for handbooks before 2020
- the latest Handbook to see what units are available next year.
It's your responsibility to:
- choose units that comply with your course requirements (both core and elective)
- check prerequisite and co-requisite units
- seek faculty course advice if you need help with unit selection
- re-enrol for both semesters, unless you're taking intermission for one semester.
If you're an international student, you must re-enrol in 24 credit points in each semester, unless authorised by your managing faculty.
For further course information, see your faculty link below:
How to re-enrol
To re-enrol in WES:
- log in to WES and select your units for the entire academic year, unless you're finishing sooner or taking intermission
- click on Submit enrolment to process your unit selections
- record your transaction number (starting with U) as proof of your enrolment. If you don't get a transaction number, you haven't enrolled correctly
- check your student email account for your confirmation of re-enrolment email.
Unable to enrol in WES
If you're unable to re-enrol in WES, it might be because:
- you can't enrol in that particular unit using WES and you need to use a course enrolment form. Contact your faculty for the form
- you may have an encumbrance (a block we've placed on your account) due to outstanding fees or fines or missing paperwork. Clear your encumbrance so you can re-enrol on time otherwise you'll be charged a late re-enrolment fee. For further information, see fee non-payment (encumbrance).
When re-enrolling, it's important to ensure you’re always enrolled to retain your place at Monash. If unsure what to do, see the general advice below.
|Academic progress review: Granted conditional enrolment from academic progress review||Re-enrol: Assume you'll meet the Academic Progress Committee conditions|
|Academic progress review: Subject to an Academic Progress Committee hearing||Re-enrol: Assume you'll be allowed to continue studying|
|Course transfer: Applying for a course transfer after results release||Re-enrol: Assume you won't be transferred|
|Double degree: Doing a double degree||Re-enrol in both areas of study|
|Intermission: You're taking intermission (study leave) for one semester||
If approved, re-enrol for the other semester|
If not yet approved, contact your faculty before the re-enrolment closing date
|Special consideration: Applying for special consideration in second semester||Re-enrol: Assume you'll pass the unit/s|
|Special consideration: Sitting deferred or supplementary exams from second semester||Re-enrol: Assume you'll pass the units|
|Study abroad or exchange: Applying for study abroad or exchange||Re-enrol as you usually would. If accepted, the faculty will change your enrolment before you go overseas|
|Study abroad or exchange: Current study abroad or exchange student||Contact your managing faculty for advice|
|Summer semester: Enrolled in summer units that are prerequisites|
Re-enrol: Assume you'll pass the units