Psychology of Teachers and Students research group
The Psychology of Teachers and Students (PTS) Faculty Research Group undertakes pure and applied empirical research using methodological and disciplinary lenses from psychology to study the cognitive, behavioural and affective development of teachers and students in different sociocultural settings. We conduct descriptive, intervention, longitudinal, and mixed-methods research, to understand influences on educational outcomes, life trajectories and occupational opportunities; what sustains teachers across their working lives; and how to engage the new millennium child and adolescent in educational settings.
- Teacher motivation, attitudes, identity and wellbeing;
- Teacher self efficacy and professional learning;
- Gender, motivation and occupational identity;
- Student achievement and wellbeing;
- Leadership development and wellbeing.
- Study of Transitions and Education Pathways (STEPS)
- FIT-Choice Project: Factors Influencing Teaching Choice
- Principal Health & Wellbeing