Professional Experience Placement Variation Application processes
- Placement/Professional Experience
Periods of placement in schools, early childhood centres and other educational settings that are deemed to constitute the required number of supervised teaching practice days as well as counselling and psychological organisations/agencies as outlined in the relevant accreditation body’s guidelines.
- Placement variation
Requests to vary placement/professional experience dates or location.
- Professional Practice Consultants
A Professional Practice Consultant works with and supports students in their professional experience, developing and maintaining systematic processes for quality professional / placement experiences.
- Chief Examiner
Chief Examiners of units provide students with clear information about the vision and features of the unit, including its fit with and contribution to the overall philosophy, structure, scope, sequence and assessment of the course.
- Exceptional Circumstances
Exceptional circumstances include those of a medical nature or cases where students have a long-term prior commitment (in place before enrolling in a Monash course) that precludes them from completing the placement at the scheduled time.
- Students may apply for placement variation in exceptional circumstances.
- All applications must be lodged with the Professional Experience Office preferably at the commencement of the course.
- All applications must provide supporting evidence which verifies the exceptional circumstances.
- All applications are considered on a case by case basis. The Professional Experience Office and/ or the Professional Experience Director is responsible for the assessment of all placement variation applications in Professional Experience units. When considering applications, advice may be sought from the Professional Practice Consultants /Chief Examiners and Academic Advisors , if relevant.
- Students will be notified whether or not their application has been successful by the Professional Experience Office.
Manager, Professional Experience Office
Professional Experience Director
Manager, Professional Practice