Mental Wellbeing in Community Sports Club - Healthway
The aim of this research project is to conduct an analysis of initiatives and resources within community sport in Western Australia that focus on mental health and wellbeing.
To assist sporting clubs in the sustainable promotion of mental wellbeing as part of a coordinated primary prevention approach, this project will deliver two key outcomes:
- A thorough examination of a diverse range of mental wellbeing initiatives and resources with a particular focus on those delivered in Western Australia against a developed ‘best practice’ criteria.
- An insights final report into the current landscape of sports mental health initiatives in Western Australia, including recommendations for initiatives Healthway may engage with into the future.
The proposed methodology to achieve the project outcomes will be in three phases that, combined, will provide a detailed picture of mental wellbeing provision in Western Australia sporting clubs. They are:
- Phase 1: Review of existing initiatives and resources
- Phase 2: Evaluation of initiatives and resources against the criteria
- Phase 3: Reporting and recommendations