How to apply for a Psychology course
Information on this page applies to the following courses:
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology
- Master of Professional Psychology
- Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology
To apply for our other postgraduate courses please see:
Semester 1 2019 (February) Application dates
Applications for the Master of Professional Psychology and the Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology are closed.
Applications for the Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology close on 1 February, 2019, with offers being made on a monthly basis from late November.
Step 1 - Application
Please ensure your application is complete and all required documentation is submitted on time. Incomplete and late applications cannot be considered.
For all applicants
Apply directly to Monash by the dates specified above.
- Scan and upload your academic transcripts:
- For the Masters courses: include your transcript of fourth year studies completed to date.
- For the Graduate Diploma course: include your transcript of third year studies completed to date.
For the Masters level applicants only
Complete the Master of Psychology Supplementary Information Form online.
Please note: if you are applying for more than one Master of Psychology course, you will need to complete tailored questions in the supplementary form for each course.
- Ask two referees to provide us with confidential referee reports (one professional and one academic) via the online National Referee System. Make sure you give referees enough notice for them to submit their reports by 31 October.
Please note: This system is the same across all Australian Universities. To be able to use the system, you will need to have an active subscription. The subscription allows you access the service during the 2018 – 2019 intake from the 1 August 2018 to 30 July 2019. The cost is $25, which can be paid via the "My Account" section in the payment tab.
See the Psychology Reference Guide for help.
Step 2 - For the Master courses only: Selection process (November)
- Short-listing (early-November)
- Applicants are ranked on all selection criteria.
- The Faculty will contact short-listed applicants with a time and date to attend a selection interview to be held in early to mid-November.
- Applicants not short-listed for the interview will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application.
- Selection interviews (mid-November)
Step 3 - First round offers (late November - early December)
For the Master courses only: First round offers are mailed out by early December. Applicants are required to respond within two weeks of receiving their offer.
For the Graduate Diploma only: First round offers are mailed out by late November. Applicants are required to respond within two weeks of receiving their offer.
Step 4 - Second round offers (late December - mid-January)
- Second round offers in all courses are made in stages as applicants respond to first round offers.
- All applicants are notified of the outcome of their application by the end of January.