Research and Evidence Use in Australian Schools - Early Insights from Educators
This Q Survey Summary Report 01/2021 draws on quantitative finding from the Q Project’s first survey of educators, which was administered online to teachers and school leaders between March - September, 2020. In total, 492 practitioners from 414 schools across four Australian states completed the survey: New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria, and Queensland.
- Q Suite: A set of resources and insights for educators
This Q Suite showcases data findings from a survey of nearly 500 practitioners. It focuses on the theme of 'finding and using research and evidence in practice.'
- "Towards Quality Use of Research Evidence In Education" Discussion Paper
Our Discussion Paper aims to stimulate debate about the process of working towards high-quality use of research evidence in Australian education.
- Quality Use of Research Evidence Framework
We have developed a conceptual framework that defines and elaborates on what ‘quality use of research evidence’ might mean in education.
- Towards quality use of evidence in education, The Australian Educational Leader (ACEL)
- Understanding quality of evidence use, Research Intelligence (BERA)
- Quality leadership, quality research use: The role of school leaders in improving the use of research, Australian Education Leader (ACEL)
- Using research well: A framework for understanding quality use of research evidence, William T Grant Foundation
- The relational features of evidence use, Cambridge Journal of Education
- Towards a better understanding of quality of evidence use, in Getting Evidence into Education, Edited by Stephen Gorard
- Challenges and opportunities of evidence use in Australian children’s development programs, Journal of Evidence-Based Social Work
- A Systematic approach to making sense of cross-disciplinary research evidence
Connie Cirkony presenting at Contemporary Approaches to Research in Mathematics, Science, Health & Environmental Education Symposium (CAR) Deakin University (23 November 2020)
- What does it mean to use research evidence well in education?”
Mark Rickinson presented at the EIS Virtual series webinar 6. (26 October 2020)
- "Quality Use of Research Evidence in Schools after COVID-19"
Q Project Monash Webinar (16 September, 2020)
- Schools using research
Mark Rickinson for AARE Webinar on “Engaging with Research in Schools” (16 Sept. 2020)
- Quality of research use - early ideas from the Q Project (pdf)
Rickinson and Cirkony [Slides from the William T Grant Foundation Forum, 26 March 2019]
- Towards quality use of evidence (pptx)
Rickinson [Slides from Monash Learning and Teaching Conference, 5 June 2019]
- Towards Quality Use of Evidence in Schools (pdf)
Rickinson and Walsh [Slides from Research Forum Seminar, Queensland Department of Education, 23 July 2019]
- National Evidence Institute: Some initial ideas (pdf)
Rickinson [Slides from AARE Schools and Education Systems SIG seminar, 25 July 2019]
- Collaboration for Quality Use of Research in Education (pdf)
- Podcast: Change: The Relationship of Education to Uncertainty in Change One Thing, Ep 13 (Lucas Walsh)
- Podcast: TER podcast about The Q Project (Mark Rickinson, Lucas Walsh, and Jo Gleeson)
- Podcast: TSC SouthWest Podcast on research use in schools (Mark Rickinson)
- Podcast: CPD Portal Edcast - Challenging Thinking Podcast, the Q Project (Jo Gleeson)
- Radio: 2NM about the Q Project (Lucas Walsh)