Research student community
Monash Education Research Community
Monash Education Research Community (MERC) is a friendly peer support community for research students in the Faculty of Education.
As a community, we run academic and social events, as well as informal gatherings where research students can discuss their research ideas with their peers. Members enjoy opportunities to forster relationships with other researchers.
MERC student representatives (i.e. Convenors) formally advocate on behalf of the research students at the faculty's Research Committee and Research Degrees Committee.
While membership is optional, we highly recommend that all new research students join (including students enrolled in Honours, Masters by research and PhD programs).
- Annual MERC conference (where research students can present their work-in-progress in a supportive environment)
- Social events (such as Multicultural Night and End of Year celebration party)
- Brain and Grain (monthly breakfast)
- Academic writing sessions (monthly shut-up and write)
- More activities will be available throughout the year. Stay tuned to our emails for more detailed information. For latest updates on upcoming events, please get connected on the social media platforms above, or contact MERC convenors by email.
Contact MERC convenors
Current MERC convenors
- Philip Dare
- Zixi Liang
- Hong Chen
- Jialing Pan