Become Student Ambassador
The Student Ambassador Program offers a host of opportunities to gain important leadership, teamwork, public speaking, event management and mentoring skills. Student Ambassadors will have the chance to represent and promote the Faculty of Education at a variety of future and current student events and will positively impact the Monash community as a whole.
Faculty of Education Student Ambassadors benefit because they:
- develop transferable skills through training and hands-on application
- enjoy enhanced overall university experience and make new friends
- gain skills and experiences that improve their resume
- attend professional development workshops and training programs
- receive a certificate of appreciation from the Dean at an end-of-year function
Student Ambassador Position Description
The Student Ambassador Program is a voluntary extra-curricular program open to Faculty of Education students enrolled at Clayton and Peninsula campuses.
Applicants must plan to be enrolled at Monash in Semester 2 this year and Semester 1/Term 1 of the following year. Students must apply to be an Ambassador on their home campus. Up to ten Student Ambassadors will be selected each year on each campus.
Ambassadors are appointed for one (1) year, and may reapply the following year.
To be recognised as an Ambassador students are expected to sign an Ambassador Contract which commits them to the following responsibilities and attendance requirements. Students failing to meet the requirements of the program may have their position terminated.
As Education Student Ambassadors we strive to enrich the student experience by creating a caring and inclusive community. We do this by developing opportunities for mentoring, friendship-building and personal growth. We know the value of getting involved and the positive engagement we enjoy at Monash University. We are the "students helping students" at Open Day, Orientation Week, throughout our studies and even beyond as alumni.
- Contribute significantly to running activities during Orientation / PhD induction.
- Ambassadors studying the Bachelor of Education will provide Peer Mentoring for up to 8 first year Bachelor of Education students.
- Share your university experiences with future students at Open Day and other relevant events.
- Contribute to organising and running events throughout the year to help students transition into university life and learning, and transition out into the workplace.
- Contribute regularly to the Facebook page for your campus - Clayton Facebook, Peninsula Facebook.
- Assist with marketing initiatives by positively representing and promoting the Faculty of Education.
Student Ambassador will not be expected or encouraged to miss any classes. Other commitments however, should be organised around Ambassador commitments. Compulsory Student Ambassador training will be conducted outside of class time.
Unreasonable expectations will not be placed on Ambassadors in the lead up to and during the assignment/exam period, but Ambassadors will be expected to attend some events and workshops during University holidays or weekends.
|New Ambassador Training||TBA|
|Ambassador Leadership Day||TBA|
|Ambassador Development Day||TBA|
|O Week||20 - 24 February 2023,|
17 - 21 July 2023
|VCE enrichment week (Peninsula campus only)||TBA|
|Student Ambassador meetings||scheduled throughout the year|
Key selection criteria
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills suitable for working with the Ambassador team and the student body
- Demonstrated involvement with and contribution to the Monash community, school or local community
- Must have passed all units in the preceding semester
- Ability to positively promote and represent the Faculty Education
- Have the desire to participate, make new friends and have fun.
Selection process timeline
- 15 August 2022: Applications open
- 3 September 2022: Applications close
- Mid - late September 2022: Group interviews conducted during this time
- Late September 2022: Applicants notified of outcome
If you are able to fully participate in the Student Ambassador Program and are interested in applying, please follow these steps when applications open:
- Read the Student Ambassador Position Description above
- Complete the Student Ambassador Application Form.
- Attend the group interview if requested. (Note: Interview times will be sent to your student email address.)
Still have questions?
Here's who to contact for more information on the Student Ambassador Program:
- Bachelors and Masters students: please contact your Monash Connect.