Become Student Ambassador
The Student Ambassador Program offers a host of opportunities to gain important leadership, teamwork, public speaking, event management and mentoring skills. Student Ambassadors will have the chance to represent and promote the Faculty of Education at a variety of future and current student events and will positively impact the Monash community as a whole.
Faculty of Education Student Ambassadors benefit because they:
- develop transferable skills through training and hands-on application
- enjoy enhanced overall university experience and make new friends
- gain skills and experiences that improve their resume
- receive faculty sponsorship to attend professional development workshops and training programs
- receive a certificate of appreciation from the Dean at an end-of-year function
Student Ambassador Position Description
The Student Ambassador Program is a voluntary extra-curricular program open to Faculty of Education students enrolled at Clayton, Peninsula, Hong Kong and Singapore. Applicants must plan to be enrolled at Monash for at least 12 more months and must apply to be an Ambassador on their home campus. Up to ten Student Ambassadors will be selected each year on each campus.
Ambassadors are appointed for one (1) year, and may reapply the following year.
To be recognised as an Ambassador students are expected to sign an Ambassador Contract which commits them to the following responsibilities and attendance requirements. Students failing to meet the requirements of the program may have their position terminated.
- Contribute significantly to running activities during Orientation.
- Support up to 15 first year students during Weeks 0 to 4.
- Share your university experiences with future students at Open Day and other relevant events.
- Contribute to organising and running events throughout the year to help students transition into university life and learning, and transition out into the workplace.
- Contribute regularly to the Facebook page for your campus - Clayton Facebook, Peninsula Facebook, Hong Kong Facebook, Singapore Facebook.
- Assist with marketing initiatives by positively representing and promoting the Faculty of Education.
- New Ambassador Training - 3 June 2019
- Ambassador Leadership Day – 19 July 2019
- O Week – 22-26 July 2019 and 24 - 28 February 2020
- Open Day – 3 and 4 August 2019
- Ambassador Development Day – 3 October 2019
- VCE enrichment week (Peninsula campus only) – Date TBA
- Student Ambassador meetings scheduled throughout the year
Hong Kong and Singapore:
- New Ambassador Training - 3 June 2019
- Orientation – TBA as dates vary by course
- Prospective Student events – TBA as dates vary by course
- Dean’s Lecture Series - TBA
- Graduation celebration event – TBA as dates vary by course
- Student Ambassador meetings – once per term
Student Ambassador will not be expected or encouraged to miss any classes. Other commitments however, should be organised around Ambassador commitments. Compulsory Student Ambassador training will be conducted outside of class time.
Unreasonable expectations will not be placed on Ambassadors in the lead up to and during the assignment/exam period, but Ambassadors will be expected to attend some events and workshops during University holidays or weekends.
Key selection criteria
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills suitable for working with the Ambassador team and the student body
- Demonstrated involvement with and contribution to the Monash community, school or local community
- Must have passed all units in the preceding semester
- Ability to positively promote and represent the Faculty Education
- Have the desire to participate, make new friends and have fun.
Selection process timeline
- 19 March 2019: Applications open
- 15 April 2019: Applications close
- Late April/Early May 2019: Group interviews conducted during this time
- Mid May 2019: Applicants notified of outcome
If you are able to fully participate in the Student Ambassador Program and are interested in applying, please follow these steps when applications open:
- Read the Student Ambassador Position Description above
- Complete the Student Ambassador Application Form.
- Attend the group interview if requested. (Note: Interview times will be sent to your student email address.)
Still have questions?
For more information on the Student Ambassador Program please email the Coordinator, Education Success Advisers (email@example.com).