Teaching - D6001
Professional entry master degree
At Monash, we foster the urge to teach. To share expertise and inspire future generations. Whether you’re coming straight from prior studies, or at a turning point in your career, this degree is your fast-track to becoming a leading educator.
Breaking down this degree
To be eligible, you’ll need to have an undergraduate degree in any discipline. From here, you’ll:
- Specialise in early childhood, primary or secondary education (or a combination)
- Earn a Masters degree, no matter what your specialisation is
- Have a range of opportunities to take on professional placements.
What you’ll be learning
This degree is designed to meet the priorities and needs of modern teaching. Through studying contemporary ideas, practices and policies, you’ll build the skills and knowledge to become a research-driven leader with the ability to bring out the best in young people from a diversity of backgrounds.
Led by some of the brightest educators in Australia, you’ll have opportunities to turn theory into practice with professional work experience in urban, rural and global locations such as China, the Cook Islands, Hong Kong, Italy, the UK and UAE.
Look ahead to an exciting career
With such high demand for excellent teachers across early childhood, primary and secondary education, this degree opens up a range of exciting opportunities. It’s also a fantastic launching pad for careers beyond the classroom, in areas like government and private enterprise.
About registration and accreditation
Here’s what you need to know:
- You need to register with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) to teach in a Victorian school. This includes preschool and kindergarten.
- Check in with local teacher regulatory bodies about any extra requirements – whether you’re planning to work here or overseas.
- Specialisations in early childhood education are accredited by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA). This means you can work in licensed preschools and childcare centres in Victoria, and your qualifications are accepted in most other states and territories.
- All primary and secondary education specialisations are accredited by the VIT using national accreditation standards. This means your qualifications will be accepted in Victoria and all other states and territories.
At a glance
Full time: 2 years or 1.5 years accelerated.
Part time option available.
The specialisation in Secondary Education is available in an accelerated 1.5 calendar years mode that includes a summer session (November to February).
|First Semester (February)|