Youth Reference Group
Youth Reference Group
Young people’s voices matter. To change the conversation about young people’s futures, we need to amplify youth voices and make sure they are heard. At CYPEP, we want to make sure our research is informed by the needs of young people and makes a difference to young people’s futures.
We are currently seeking people to join our Youth Reference Group (YRG). If you are aged between 18 and 24 years and interested in collaborating on issues that affect you, read on for how you can apply.
What you will do as a member of the YRG
The YRG forms an important part of CYPEP’s governance, alongside our Management Committee and Advisory Board.
Members of the YRG will meet regularly (up to four times a year) with CYPEP researchers to:
- provide advice on issues of importance to young people
- help CYPEP set our agenda on youth issues of concern to you
- co-develop and road test research ideas with other young people.
In addition, we would like YRG members to help us promote CYPEP’s work among youth networks, participate in our events, and (if you are willing) engage with the media.
What will being a member of the YRG will give you?
- An influential platform to use your voice to amplify issues that affect young people.
- Opportunities for professional development and networking with organisational leaders.
- Opportunities to connect with like-minded young people across Australia.
- Written references attesting to contributions made to the YRG and to CYPEP.
We will also provide opportunities for professional development and mentoring, and give personalised references attesting to contributions made to the YRG and to CYPEP.
Meetings will be held in the evenings at the Clayton campus of Monash University, allowing for both in-person and online attendance. We will provide you with pizza/snacks and a gift voucher at each meeting.
How to apply
Send us a short (three minute) video that includes:
- some information about yourself, for instance your age, where you live, and something about your background
- why you would like to be a member of the YRG
- your take on ONE key issue affecting young people in Australia today.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the upload link. Application deadline: Friday 6 August.
If you would prefer to submit your application in another format, or have any other questions, please get in touch with us via email at email@example.com.