Professional experience in Switzerland
Amazing people, amazing scenery and an all-round amazing opportunity! There is so much to experience in Switzerland, from the highest mountains to the cheese and chocolate, it’s all a great delight.
- Where: The Graubünden Canton of Switzerland
- When: 11 - 31 January 2020
- Who: Pre-service teachers across primary and secondary courses
- Cost: Approximately $4800 - $5500, plus spending money ($500 - $1000)
You arrive initially in Zurich but then travel to a city in the Graubünden Canton of Switzerland where you will be allocated to a co-educational primary or secondary school in one of these cities. School hours generally run 8.30am – 3.30pm and there will be lots of opportunity to immerse yourself in the school community in a range of extra-curricular activities.
Please note: the finer details will be finalised before the trip, and might be subject to change.
What's included in the cost
The cost includes:
- Round trip airfare
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Accommodation (to be confirmed closer to travel date)
Items not included that students need to budget for:
- Snacks and lunches
- Passport and VISA expenses
- SIM card
- Public transport card
- Toiletries and personal items
- Tours and some local travel
- Spending money
See what Financial support is available to you.
Opportunities to explore
After school hours and on weekends, you will have an opportunity to (at your own expense):
- Interact with other pre-service teachers through a range of activities;
- Explore the local area, the snow, the chocolate and of course there’s the cheese;
- Travel to other parts of Switzerland;
- Take a trip to spend a weekend in a nearby European city.
How to apply?
Recruitment for overseas placements runs from March to April and July to August each year depending on the location.
See Applications, selection process and cancellations for more information.
Who to contact?
Dr Sarah Rutherford
Ms Rochelle Mayer, IPE Coordinator