Assessment and credit options
Courses without written assessment tasks
For courses without written assessment tasks, having met the minimum attendance requirement, you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
Courses with written assessment tasks
For courses with written assessment tasks, having met the minimum attendance requirement, you will be issued with one of the following:
- Certificate of Completion – with credit
You may participate in the course and choose to submit work for formal assessment. On successful completion of the assessment tasks to a university standard, you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion (with credit) and be eligible to apply for credit towards further studies where applicable. Refer to the credit-bearing programs information below.
- Certificate of Completion – without credit
You may participate in the course and choose to submit work for formal assessment. If the assessment tasks have been completed successfully but are not to a university standard, you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion (without credit).
- Statement of Attendance
You may participate in the course but prefer not to submit work for formal assessment. On completion of the course you will be issued with a Statement of Attendance.
Under special circumstances, one re-submission per assessment is allowed. On successful completion, a Certificate of Completion (without credit) will be issued.
We recognise the Certificate of Completion (with credit) from the following courses towards further study:
- Professional Certificate of Education Support
6 credit points towards the Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Professional Certificate of Adolescent Counselling
12 credit points towards the Master of Counselling
- Professional Certificate of Restorative Justice
12 credit points towards several postgraduate Education courses - please contact us for further details
- Supporting Children's Wellbeing and Self-Regulation in Early Childhood
12 credit points towards the Master of Education
Current Monash Education students must seek advice from their Education Success Adviser prior to enrolling into a credit bearing program.
Learn more about our undergraduate and postgraduate award courses.
Eligibility criteria for entry into an Education course
- Completion of a credit-bearing program does not guarantee entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate Education course.
- You must meet the specified eligibility criteria to gain entry to an undergraduate or postgraduate course. For further course information refer to our Faculty of Education courses and study options.
- We may recognise credit points for specified or unspecified credit at undergraduate or postgraduate level. Please refer to the specific course programs for eligibility criteria.