Intern Training Program
The Monash University pharmacy Internship Training Program will assist you in making the transition from a student to an independent, competent health professional and will consolidate and build upon the knowledge and skills you have gained as an undergraduate.
Study with the best
- We have been ranked number one in the Asia Pacific and in the top ten in the world for pharmacy education.*
- We are the oldest pharmacy school in Australia and with this history comes a prestige and reputation for producing quality, practice ready pharmacists.
- We are part of the National Alliance for Pharmacy Education (NAPE), which provides leadership in pharmacy education and aims to advance the pharmacy profession.
- On completion of the Intern Training Program you will have earned 12 credit points towards the Graduate Certificate of Pharmacy Practice.
- You may choose to only complete your internship requirements (2 x 6 credit point units) or combine your internship study with two additional electives to receive a postgraduate qualification.
- Choose from a range of university electives from pharmacy practice, clinical pharmacy, wound care or from other Monash University Faculties including the Faculty of Business and Economics.
The healthcare landscape is shifting dramatically due to the rapidly ageing populations and increased incidences of chronic disease. As healthcare changes to meet these challenges, pharmacists' expertise and responsibilities are evolving.
There are new opportunities emerging for practitioners to undertake extended and advanced roles and a master's degree is becoming the international benchmark for pharmacists moving into these roles.
Planning your future requires measured decision making even at the undergraduate and intern level and decisions around postgraduate study should consider the ability to articulate to higher level degrees.
A master's degree allows you to focus your learning on a range of special interest areas. Units completed in the Graduate Certificate of Pharmacy Practice may be credited towards the Master of Clinical Pharmacy
Graduate Certificate of Pharmacy Practice
Off-campus* | Part-time, 1-2 years | Start Date: January and June
Includes the Monash Intern Training Program, which leads to registration as a pharmacist and helps with the transition from student to competent health professional.
* includes a series of compulsory seminars at our Parkville campusCourse Progression Map How to apply
*2016 QS World Rankings