Pathways into our courses

Science-based tertiary studies are the best alternative pathway into the faculty’s pharmacy and pharmaceutical science programs.


If you're enrolled in a science based degree (eg BSc, BBiomed, BPharm, BPharmSci) you can apply to transfer into our undergraduate courses.

You need to apply at the end of one year to start with us in the first semester of the following year. The faculty doesn’t have a mid-year intake.

We don't give preference to Monash applicants, all applicants must meet the same minimum criteria.

How to apply

Current Monash students may apply online for an internal course transfer between 6 September and 31 October 2017. Find out more on applying for an internal transfer.

If you're in the final year of a Monash degree and wish to apply for another Monash degree, you must submit your application through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).

Non-Monash students should apply through VTAC and include transcripts of your tertiary results. VTAC begins accepting applications from August each year.


As a minimum, the faculty requires you to meet a 70% minimum average across all subjects for transfer into Pharmacy courses. You should keep in mind that competition for places is often strong, and you might need a higher average grade.

Students studying pharmacy at our Malaysia campus, can apply to transfer their studies to our Parkville campus, at the end of their first or second year of study. An average mark of at least 60% across all completed units is required.

The Pharmaceutical Science course requires you to meet a credit average (60% minimum).

You will also need to meet the course’s prerequisites. Find a course lists all our course entry requirements. We prefer you to have completed first-year university chemistry and mathematics subjects with excellent results.

If you haven’t met a courses subject entry requirements at school, you need to complete equivalent subjects in your first year of tertiary study with a distinction (70%) grade.


Credit for prior studies is assessed on an individual basis when you enroll. We will provide the details of any credit you receive before classes start.