Student Ambassador Program
The Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Student Ambassador Program offers a host of opportunities to gain important leadership, teamwork, public speaking, event management and mentoring skills. Student Ambassadors will have the chance to represent and promote the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at a variety of future and current student events and will positively impact the Monash community as a whole.
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Student Ambassadors benefit because they:
- develop transferable skills through training and hands-on application
- enjoy enhanced overall university experience and make new friends
- gain skills and experiences that improve their employability prospects
- receive professional guidance from an industry mentor
- are able to participate in training programs
- receive a certificate of appreciation at an end-of-program function
Student Ambassador Position Description
The Student Ambassador Program is a voluntary extra-curricular program open to Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences students enrolled at Parkville. Applicants must plan to be enrolled at Monash from July this year until June next year. Double degree students are welcome to submit applications. Approximately 35 Student Ambassadors will be selected each year from across different year levels and programs.
Ambassadors are appointed for one year, and may reapply the following year. The program begins in June and concludes in July of the following year (the same as a financial year).
To be recognised as an Ambassador students are expected to sign an Ambassador Contract which commits them to the following responsibilities and attendance requirements. Students failing to meet the requirements of the program may have their position terminated.
- Contribute significantly to running activities during Enrolment and Orientation Week
- Be a mentor for up to 12 first year students
- Share your university experiences with future students at Open Day
- Contribute at least five hours of support each semester at marketing, recruitment and engagement events, positively representing and promoting the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Contribute regularly to the faculty website and social media accounts (Instagram and TikTok)
Attendance is required at:
- Ambassador Training - Thursday 14 July 2022 (12:00pm till 2:30pm)
- Participate in Open Day activities - Sunday 21 August 2022 (9:00am till 5:00pm)
- Student Ambassador meetings - twice per semester
- Orientation Week 2023 - 20 to 24 Feb 2023 (8:00am till 5:00pm)
Attendance is expected at some of the following:
- Professional development and training facilitated by the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Marketing and recruitment events organised by the faculty marketing department etc.
Student Ambassador will not be expected or encouraged to miss any classes. Other commitments however, should be organised around Ambassador commitments. Compulsory Student Ambassador training will be conducted outside of class time.
Unreasonable expectations will not be placed on Ambassadors in the lead up to and during the assignment/exam period, but Ambassadors will be expected to attend some events and workshops during University holidays and weekends.
Key selection criteria
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills suitable for working with the Ambassador team and the student body
- Demonstrated involvement with and contribution to the Monash community, school or local community
- Must have passed all units in the preceding semester and be endorsed by the relevant academic team
- Ability to positively promote and represent the Faculty Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Have the desire to participate, make new friends and have fun.
Selection process timeline:
- 2 May 2022 - Applications open
- 20 May 2022 - Applications close
- 25 May to 2 June 2022 - Interviews conducted during this time
- Before 30 June 2022 - Applicants notified of outcome
If you are able to fully participate in the Student Ambassador Program and are interested in applying, please follow these steps when applications open:
- Read the Student Ambassador Position Description above
- Complete the Application Form.
- Attend an in person/video interview if requested. (Note: Interview times will be sent to your student email address.)
Still have questions?
Please don’t hesitate to contact the the Senior Student Experience Officer, Alastair Thomas (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding the program.