The focus of Employability Week is job-readiness. Students are exposed to a range of graduate possibilities and learn more about workforce expectations. The program includes:
- the opportunity to go on the road, visiting a range of companies, gaining exposure to actual industry work environments
- workshops to assist students in developing a professional presence online
- a chance to broaden student awareness of the skills and attitudes that are expected in the workplace
- the chance for students and industry representatives to discuss HR recruitment processes
- mini interviews (speed dating style) to allow students and industry representatives to get to know each other.
This experience also prepares students for the kind of real-world industry projects they will undertake in their third year of study; and later in the workforce. Importantly students develop an authentic network and developed their professional identity.
Employability Week also provides organisations the opportunity to showcase their business and to meet our soon to be graduating students.
As an added bonus, Employability Week is organised by third year students for second year students, providing a real-world project management experience.
Would you like to be involved?
Contact Laurence Orlando via email@example.com or telephone: 03 990 39606.