Pharmacy Education Symposium
Monash Education Symposium 2022– Better Together
Sunday 10 July - Wednesday 13 July
The 11th Monash University Pharmacy Education Symposium was scheduled to take place in July 2021, in keeping with the biennial approach taken over the last 20 years. However, due to the worldwide impact of COVID-19, this Symposium will be held in July 2022.
Pharmacists are key members of the healthcare team and often work in teams in the interest of patient care. In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic has seen many instances of health professionals requiring teamwork in a time of crisis in order to optimise care.
Thus, the theme for the 2022 symposium will be “Better Together”. Better Together presents a unique opportunity to explore how enhanced coordination, collaboration and communication can lead to better pharmacy education and patient care. “Better Together” is a broad term that includes many facets. Some examples of being better together in pharmacy education include:
- Teamwork in health crises
- Breaking down the silos of discipline-specific teaching
- Enabling sciences taught with social sciences
- Educators working with practitioners and professional bodies
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Multi-program and multi-national work
- Diversity and inclusion
- Utilising digital technology to enhance patient care in traditional pharmacy settings
The Life Long Learning in Pharmacy International Conference will be held from 2-5 July, 2023 in Denver, Colorado, USA. Further details will be provided on their upcoming conference website, and also see past conferences.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries, or if you wish to receive regular updates via our mailing list.