Isotope Geochemistry Clean Laboratory
Class 350 Clean Laboratory
This facility allows the preparation of samples for radiogenic isotope alanyses and trace element work in an ultraclean environment.
- Column chemistry: Lu-Hf, Sm-Nd, Rb-Sr and Fe
- 'soft' dissolution (mafic samples)
- high-temperature high-pressure dissolution (felsic samples and zircons)
- Variety of certified rock and mineral standards
- Variety of spike solutions for high-precision isotope analyses
To obtain the high level of cleanliness necessary for high precision analyses, and for OH&S reasons, access is only available to trained staff and students, or under strict supervision.