How to apply
The PhD Application Process
- What does the School of Biological Sciences offer?
- Do you have the required qualifications?
- What research field interests you? - Find a supervisor.
- The application process.
What does the School of Biological Sciences offer?
- We offer flexible start dates to coincide with the completion of study at any Australian or International institutes.
- We offer full scholarships to both Australian and International students accepted into our PhD program.
- We offer a stipend (living-allowance) scholarship provided tax free for three years and three months, with the possibility of a three month extension. We also offer travel and establishment allowances to help in your move, travel grants, publication grants, and more.
- Additionally for international students, our tuition scholarships cover the cost of tuition fees, and includes the cost of compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Research course fees for Australian or New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents are automatically covered under the Australian Research Training Scheme.
Do you have the required qualifications?
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a capacity to carry out independent research and have adequate training and ability to pursue the proposed course of study.
- Applicants must possess a MSc (research) or BSc or equivalent degree including a research project of at least 6 months full time (or equivalent) duration.
- Sound English language skills are also required for academic programs in our School: IELTS/TOEFL test 6.5 no band less than 6.0. TOEFL (internet based score) 79+: 21 written, 13 reading, 18 speaking, and 12 listening.
- Please consult Monash Graduate Research Office about the requirements for Qualification equivalencies.
What research field interests you? - Find a supervisor.
- Check out our research to see what interests you.
- Identify a supervisor and contact them directly to discuss potential projects.
- Please email your academic transcripts and CV to the potential supervisor.