To enrol in Honours you need to choose a research project in consultation with an academic from the School of Physics & Astronomy. We provide you with several resources to help you with this choice:
- In the Research Areas section, you can find a list of researchers and their areas of interest.
- In the Project Supervisors section you can find a list of potential supervisors and their example projects.
You need to contact the academic(s) related to the area(s) of interest in which you wish to pursue a research project and discuss possible projects with them. You can start a conversation about possible projects by emailing the relevant academic(s).
- You can contact an academic about a possible project, even if they do not have any example projects listed.
- Even if you are interested in pursuing research similar to one of the example projects, you still need to contact your potential supervisor to discuss the details with them.
- Potential projects, and academics' research interests, are not limited to the example projects listed.
- Many academics are listed under more than one Research Area.
- Previous Honours projects in the School of Physics & Astronomy have led to students publishing papers in high-impact research journals - this could be you!
I have further questions
If you are interested in studying Honours with the School of Physics & Astronomy, please first read the relevant pages on the School's website. After that, if you have any questions, please contact either:
Honours Coordinator for the School of Physics & Astronomy
Staff and Student Services Officer for the School of Physics & Astronomy