How to apply for honours
Entry requirements and enrolment
The normal minimum requirement for honours (fourth year) in mathematics is an average of at least 70 in 24 points of relevant third year units, or equivalent. A list of relevant units that can be counted in this average is available from the School's Honours Coordinator, Dr Julie Clutterbuck.
How to apply
Applications for semester two 2022 for entry into the Bachelor of Science (Hons), course code S3701 will open on Monday 28 March 2022 and close on Monday 27 June 2022.
- Please contact your Project Supervisor as soon as possible, to complete the School’s Honours Project Selection form with your project details and to obtain her/his signature. This form will be available at the School’s Honours Information Session. Alternatively you may contact the School's honours admin Karen Hogeboom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please email the School’s Honours Coordinator, Dr Julie Clutterbuck (email@example.com) to make an appointment for her approval and final signature on the Project Selection form before enrolling on-line.
S3701 – Bachelor of Science (Honours)
Things to note when applying on-line:
- Honours is an undergraduate course
- Domestic students - can apply for full-time or part-time; International students on a student visa must apply for full-time
- Monash students do not need to lodge proof of identity or their Monash academic transcript with their online application
- You need to select your Honours discipline (called a unit set)
- If you are applying for two Honours disciplines you only need to apply once but you will need to include two course preferences and select a different Honours discipline (unit set) for each course preference.
Successful applicants will be notified by the Faculty of Science.
If successful you will be contacted separately by the School to explain the approval process for selecting your Honours Lecture Topics.