How to apply for honours
2018 Entry requirements and enrolment
The normal minimum requirement for honours (fourth year) in mathematics is an average of at least 70 in 24 points of relevant third year units, or equivalent. A list of relevant units that can be counted in this average is available from the Schools Honours Coordinator, Dr Yann Bernard.
How to apply
Applications are open. Closing date: Friday 28 June, 2019
- Please contact your Project Supervisor as soon as possible, to complete the School’s 2019 Honours Project Selection form with your project details and to obtain her/his signature. This form will be available at the School’s Honours Information Session. Alternatively you may contact the School's honours admin Karen Hogeboom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please email the School’s Honours Coordinator, Dr Yann Bernard ( email@example.com) to make an appointment for his approval and final signature on the Project Selection form, by no later than 21 June, 2019.
S3701 – Bachelor of Science (Honours)
Things to note when applying on-line:
- Honours is an undergraduate course
- Domestic students - can apply for full-time or part-time; International students on a student VISA must apply for full-time
- Monash students do not need to lodge proof of identity or their Monash academic transcript with their online application
- You need to select your Honours discipline (called a unit set)
- If you are applying for two Honours disciplines you only need to apply once but you will need to include two course preferences and select a different Honours discipline (unit set) for each course preference.
Successful applicants will be notified by the Faculty of Science during mid July 2019.
If successful you will be contacted separately by the School to explain the approval process for selecting your Honours Lecture Topics of 2019.