How to Apply
You will need to read the application information on the MGRO website, as well as the information here.
After ensuring you are eligible for study, the next step of the application process involves obtaining an "Invitation to Apply". If you wish to apply for postgraduate study with the School of Physics & Astronomy, you can obtain that invitation here.
To obtain an "Invitation to Apply" from the School of Physics & Astronomy you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). In the expression of interest, as well as providing information about your academic record, you will need to outline your proposed research project. See the Project section of these pages for information about potential research projects you can pursue with the School.
To submit an EOI, use the link below:
After you have submitted an EOI:
- The Postgraduate Committee of the School of Physics & Astronomy will review your academic transcript, English proficiency (if applicable) and other research quality measures that you have submitted. The committee will evaluate if you are competitive for one, or more, scholarships.
- If the committee believes your record may secure a scholarship, we will contact your nominated supervisor(s) to determine whether they are prepared to supervise you - otherwise you will be notified that your application will not proceed further.
- If one of your chosen supervisors is prepared to take you on, they will contact you and discuss your research project plan.
- Following this discussion, if they are still willing to take you on, they will contact the Postgraduate Coordinator who will send you an "Invitation to Apply" to MGRO for consideration in the next scholarship application round.
- You must then continue with the application progress through MGRO - return to the How to Apply section of their website.
If at any stage your application is rejected, the School will contact you to let you know.
There are four postgraduate scholarship rounds each year:
There are two International Scholarship rounds and two Domestic Scholarship rounds
- You must submit your EOI 3 weeks before each Scholarship round closes.
- Please see Scholarship Round Key Submission and Outcome Dates on the MGRO website.
I have further questions
If you are interested in postgraduate studies with the School of Physics and Astronomy, please first read the relevant pages on the School's website. After that, if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Postgraduate Coordinator for the School of Physics & Astronomy
Staff and Student Services Officer for the School of Physics & Astronomy